CORE Languages Terms and Conditions
- Under the Terms of this Agreement, the Contractor agrees to complete the following for accepted projects: Language Instructor, Cultural Trainer, Interpreter, Document Translator.
- Language Instructors provide language instruction to CORE Languages' clients and students, which shall include teaching the foundations and necessary skills of a language, including writing, reading, speaking and further skills to reach a level of conversation of the foreign language taught in class (the “Services”). In providing the Services, the Contractor shall submit relevant data tracking through www.COREconnect.com, which is an online portal used by CORE Languages to keep track of attendance, grades and communication with clients and students. The Contractor must update online attendance within 48 hours of completion of each class. Failure to do so will result in loss of wages earned. Due to the structure of the scheduling system, CORE Languages is unable to add classes or edit classes after the 48-hour completion period. CORE Languages would be unable to bill and thus remit compensation for classes submitted after the 48-hour deadline. CORE Languages may also require the Contractor to obtain signatures from students to track student attendance and provide such signatures to CORE Languages upon request.
- Cultural Trainers provide cultural instruction to CORE Languages' clients and students, which shall include teaching insights into local culture and traditions, guidance about integrating into the local environment, pragmatic linguistic skills for accomplishing daily tasks, and coping with transitioning into the host culture (the “Services”). In providing the Services, the Contractor shall submit relevant data tracking through www.CORECONNECT.com, which is an online service used by CORE Languages to keep track of attendance and communication with clients and students. The Contractor must update online attendance within 48 hours of each training day. CORE Languages may also require the Contractor to obtain signatures from students to track student attendance and provide such signatures to CORE Languages upon request.
- During the Term of this Agreement, the Contractor agrees to provide Interpreter services, spoken and or written as agreed upon. Contractor can demonstrate competency in required languages in order to provide two-way interpreting and or translation. In providing the Services, the Contractor shall keep track of project data for billing purposes. Interpreters will provide proof of duration via a document signed by the client for documentation purposes and submit such documentation to CORE Languages on a weekly basis.
- During the Term of this Agreement, the Contractor agrees to provide written Translation services as agreed upon. Contractor can demonstrate competency in required languages in order to provide translation. In providing the Services, the Contractor agrees to adhere to project quote for billing purposes. Certified Translators will be required to provide American Translators Association (ATA) credentials for certified translation projects. Some translation projects may require notarization.
- Term: Unless earlier terminated in accordance with Section 4, the Agreement shall commence on the Effective Date and shall continue for one (1) year (the “Term”). This Agreement shall automatically renew for successive one (1) year periods unless either party gives written notice to the other of its or his/her intent to not renew at least thirty (30) days in advance of the expiration of the Term.
- Compensation and Expenses Fees. For payment terms, please see the project that you have been offered. Payment is made based off an hourly rate or per project. Terms are agreed to before the start of each project. The Contractor shall mark attendance regularly (within 48 hours of class end time) during the period of the project. Upon timely submission of attendance, CORE Languages shall pay to Contractor the Fees by the 10th of the month following the month in which Services were provided. All Fees paid to the Contractor shall be reflected on an IRS Form 1099, and the Contractor acknowledges that he or she alone shall be responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes. The Contractor agrees not to contact CORE Languages’ clients directly regarding payment. In the event CORE Languages disputes any portion of a timesheet or expense reimbursement request, it shall provide notice of the same to the Contractor and shall not owe such disputed portion until the matter is resolved to the parties’ mutual satisfaction. Expenses. Unless otherwise agreed to by CORE Languages in writing, the Contractor shall furnish, at his/her own expense, the equipment, supplies, and other materials used to perform the Services. CORE Languages does not reimburse for travel and lodging expenses unless otherwise agreed to in writing by a CORE Languages administrator.
- Termination: CORE Languages may terminate this Agreement and any or all projects assigned to the Contractor, with or without cause, upon five (5) business days’ written notice. The Contractor may terminate this Agreement, with or without cause, upon five (5) business days’ written notice.
- Publicity: If requested by CORE Languages and granted by the Contractor, CORE Languages may use, copy and reproduce the Contractor’s image or photograph within www.CORElanguages.com and www.CORECONNECT.com websites, including (without limitation) for use in CORE Languages’ brochure(s).
- Confidential Information: The Contractor acknowledges that his or her relationship with the Company is one of high trust and confidence and that in the course of his or her service to CORE Languages, he or she will have access to and contact with Confidential Information. The Contractor agrees that he or she will not, during the term of this Agreement or at any time, thereafter, disclose to others, or use for his or her benefit or the benefit of others, any Confidential Information. The Contractor further agrees to abide and agree to be bound by the terms of any confidentiality agreement that CORE Languages has signed with a client. Upon the Contractor’s request, CORE Languages shall provide to Contractor a copy of any relevant client confidentiality agreement. “Confidential Information” shall mean, by way of illustration and not limitation, all confidential information owned, possessed or used by CORE Languages or its clients, including, without limitation, any invention, formula, vendor information, customer or client information or data, trade secret, process, methodology, research, report, technical data, know how, computer program, software, software documentation, design, technology, marketing or business plan, forecast, unpublished financial statement, budget, license, price, cost and employee list that is communicated to, learned of, developed or otherwise acquired by the Contractor in the course of his or her service to CORE Languages. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Confidential Information shall not include any information that (i) is or becomes known to the general public under circumstances involving no breach by Contractor or others of the terms of this Section 6, (ii) is generally disclosed to third parties by CORE Languages.
- Independent Contractor Status: The Contractor shall perform all Services as an independent contractor and not as an employee of CORE Languages. The Contractor shall have no authority (and shall not hold himself or herself as having authority) to bind CORE Languages, and the Contractor shall not make any agreements or representations on the Company’s behalf without CORE Language’s written consent. The Contractor acknowledges that he or she is not eligible to participate in any vacation, group medical or life insurance, disability, profit sharing or retirement benefits, or any other fringe benefits or benefit plans offered by CORE Languages to its employees, and CORE Languages will not be responsible for withholding or paying any income, payroll, Social Security, or other federal, state, or local taxes, making any insurance contributions, including for unemployment or disability, or obtaining worker's compensation insurance on your behalf. The Contractor shall be responsible for, and shall indemnify CORE Languages against, all such taxes or contributions, including penalties and interest.
- Non-Solicitation: A. Employee/Contractor. During the term of this Agreement and for a period of twelve (12) months thereafter (the “Restricted Period”), the Contractor agrees (i) not to solicit or induce any employee or other contractor of CORE Languages to terminate his or her employment or relationship with CORE Languages, and (ii) not to hire or assist any other person or entity in hiring any employee or other contractor of CORE Languages. B. Client. During the Restricted Period, the Contractor agrees not to provide services, which are the same or substantially similar to the Services provided by the Contractor to CORE Languages, to any client of CORE Languages with whom the Contractor worked or was introduced while engaged by CORE Languages. If a client contacts Contractor directly during the Restricted Period for the purpose of obtaining language instruction, the Contractor shall direct and refer such client(s) to CORE Languages for follow-up and negotiation. This provision shall not prevent the Contractor from providing instructional services to other entities or persons who are not clients or students of CORE Languages, so long as it does not interfere with Contractor’s obligations here under. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if the Contractor believes that the provision of such services will create a conflict of interest, the Contractor agrees to notify CORE Languages prior to agreeing to provide such services.
- Entire Agreement; Amendments; Interpretation
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous agreements and understandings between the parties, whether written or oral, relating to the subject matter of this Agreement. This Agreement may be amended or modified only by a written instrument executed by both CORE Languages and the Contractor.
Services. By using this website, CORECONNECT, the User agrees to abide by the following policies as part of language services provided to him or her:
For Language Instruction and Cultural Training:
New Student Survey. Prior to commencement of private language instruction provided by CORE Languages to the User, he or she will complete a New Student Survey to the best of their ability. Upon completion, the User will submit the survey electronically to CORE Languages, after which time CORE Languages will begin the process of matching an instructor to his or her course. Completion of this form is a prerequisite for initiating the matching process. The following information must be submitted through the survey in order for CORE Languages to offer its services to the User: full name, phone number, email address, home address, desired start date, course location, preferred schedule, class address, and language level.
Attendance Verification. The User is required to verify attendance as indicated by his/her instructor/trainer within 48 hours of receipt of emailed notification of said attendance. Failure to verify attendance within this 48-hour period will result in a de facto and tacit acceptance of class attendance status as indicated by the instructor or trainer. The User may contest the attendance status of a class in writing (i.e. email) sent to the CORE Team (email@example.com) that includes an explanation and supporting documentation as to why the marked attendance status is incorrect. The CORE Team will investigate and then report results of their findings to the User and instructor and take any appropriate action to remedy the situation.
If there is no class scheduled for a particular day on “My Calendar” in CORECONNECT, then the class does not exist for that day. If the User wishes to cancel a class, he or she must do so with more than 24 hours' notice in order to not be billed and charged for full time and cost of canceled class (a "missed class" is the term used to indicate a canceled class that is charged to the account of the User due to lack of sufficient advance notice). If the User cancels a class with more than 24 hours' advance notice, his or her account will not be charged for the time and cost of the class in question.
The User will notify instructor or trainer at least 5 business days prior to any significant or permanent change in class schedule and/or location (this will not affect or pertain to instances of non-recurring rescheduling agreed to by both the User and instructor or trainer).
Non-Approved Parties. Users may not invite any non-approved parties (e.g. spouses, children, friends) who have not been (pre-)authorized by both the employer paying for the services and CORE Languages to join or participate in the course or project. Such an action constitutes a violation of CORE Languages' policies, and could result in, but is not limited to, suspension of services provided by CORE Languages. If a family member of the User wishes to join a class or receive language or cultural instruction and is eligible, the approval status of the family member will be reviewed, and, if needed, a request for approval may be submitted by CORE Languages to the appropriate responsible party (employer or partnered third party). CORE Languages does not guarantee that an approval request will be successful.
Assessments. The User must periodically complete written assessments delivered electronically via CORECONNECT to satisfy requirements for completion of a course. In addition, the User will complete an initial language placement exam in the target language prior to participation in a course.
Assessments may be used to evaluate User progress in the language learning process, as well as provide feedback on course quality and status to both CORE Languages and the User's employer or supervisor. Results of assessments may be used to determine the continuation or suspension of language instruction for the User, in accordance with employer, User, and CORE Languages' expectations and requirements.
Failure to complete all required assessments for the course will result in a status of incomplete assigned to the User for the course, which may prevent the advancement of the User to the next level of instruction.
For Interpreting and Translation Projects:
Submitting a Project Request. Users who wish to submit a request for an interpreting event or translation project must fill out the request form on www.coreconnect.com/get-started/. On this welcome screen, there is a sidebar menu including “Interpreting” and “Document Translation” as clickable tabs. Clicking on one of these links will take you to a page where you can start the request by clicking on the “Request…” button. You must complete all pertinent information on the following pages in order to submit a successful request to the CORE Languages Interpreting and Translation teams.
Approval of Project Request. Users who have submitted interpreting or translation project requests will receive an email confirming their request. We will follow up with you, confirming your request details. You will then receive a quote, including our cancelation policy. If you accept, a deposit invoice will be emailed to you. Upon receipt of the deposit, the process of matching an interpreter or translator to the project will begin, and will constitute consent to execute the project. The requestor pays the remaining fees upon completion of the service(s) rendered by CORE Languages.
Payment for Interpreting or Translation Project. Payment for projects are payable in full at the completion of the service(s) for the requestor. If, for example, an interpreting event is canceled by the User, the User may incur costs depending on how far in advance written notice of cancelation is given to CORE Languages (see “Cancelation Policy” under the terms and conditions provided during the request process). Please note that changes to time, date, or location of interpreting event could be subject to a price increase or cancelation.
For All Users:
Registration with CORECONNECT. The User must register with CORECONNECT, CORE Languages' online platform, for delivery of services. The User will receive an email invitation with access code upon creation of course(s) or project(s) following receipt of approval from employer and, in the case of private language instruction, a New Student Survey (see section a.i. above). The email shall contain a link to CORECONNECT and a redemption code to be entered in the appropriate field on the linked web page. The User shall create a username and a password per security requirements for entry into CORECONNECT. The User must confirm his/her email from their Profile page in order to receive full benefit and use of the online platform. Failure to do so may result in limited use of functionality and services provided.
The User shall use CORECONNECT strictly for purposes outlined in these policies, including, but not limited to, accessing records pertaining to services received, updating and maintaining accurate contact information, consistent and timely confirmation of attendance indicated by instructor or trainer via email notification, rescheduling or canceling classes, and contacting the CORE Languages Support Team. Accounts are not to be shared, but are intended only for the unique user to whom it is assigned.
Failure to register with CORECONNECT may result in: a) delay of services provided, b) inability to fully participate in services provided, c) and inability to track progress in course or projects, including completing required assessments.
Confidential Information. The User acknowledges that his or her relationship with the Company is one of high trust and confidence and that in the course of his or her use of services provided by CORE Languages, he or she will have access to and contact with Confidential Information. The User agrees that he or she will not disclose to others, or use for his or her benefit or the benefit of others, any Confidential Information. The User further agrees to abide and agree to be bound by the terms of any confidentiality agreement that CORE Languages has signed with his or her employer. “Confidential Information” shall mean, by way of illustration and not limitation, all confidential information owned, possessed or used by CORE Languages or its clients, including, without limitation, any invention, formula, vendor information, customer or User information or data, trade secret, process, methodology, research, report, technical data, know how, computer program, software, software documentation, design, technology, marketing or business plan, forecast, unpublished financial statement, budget, license, price, cost and employee list that is communicated to, learned of, developed or otherwise acquired by the User in the course of his or her use of services provided by CORE Languages. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Confidential Information shall not include any information that (i) is or becomes known to the general public under circumstances involving no breach by User or others of the terms of this Section 6, (ii) is generally disclosed to third parties by CORE Languages.
Policies, Amendments, Interpretation. If the User does not agree to the policies outlined above, it is incumbent upon the User to request removal of access to CORECONNECT and services provided by CORE Languages from his or her employer. The policies outlined above are subject to change, and the User will be notified that changes have been made and be given the opportunity to review them online and contact CORE Languages if there are any questions or concerns regarding the updated terms and conditions of use.