Another way of asking this is: How do I mark attendance for multiple people in a class? With the attached report, we can tell the students and client how things are going...
So, you have recently finished teaching a class consisting of multiple people and you notice a new message on your dashboard. Something that looks like the following.
Complete a Class with multiple Students: This is a reminder that you need to mark attendance of the students for this class in order to be paid. (Learn how to mark attendance for a single student) You have two options.
1. You can "Click to complete it." by literally clicking the blue text that says Click to complete it. If you select this option, you are stating that the class took place, and that ALL students attended the class. You will then get a confirmation message asking you to confirm. Click Mark Complete to show that all students attended.
2. The other option is to Click on the name of the class in blue, in this case, "Smith Family-German". You will be taken to the Class Details page, where you can select one of three options per student to mark whether the student attended or not.
Notice three options next to each student. Please see the meanings below.
- Click the Green Check button to show that the student attended the class.
- ATTENTION! Only click this option if NO students attended the class. Clicking the White Cancel button shows a planned cancellation, the student(s) provided at least 24 hours notification before the class took place and there is no charge for the class cancellation. That means that the student will not be billed correctly, and you will not be compensated correctly for this class.
- Click the Blue Charge button to select Cancel but still Charge. Please note that in a group class, the class still takes place if one student participates but the others do not show. Meaning if the class takes place, there will still be a charge for everyone, whether they attended or not.
Create a Report: Have you tried to complete your class but are asked to provide a report? You may see the following message. This class cannot be marked complete until you have filled in a report. Please note that the client cannot be invoiced, and therefore we cannot generate a payment, until this happens.
- The General Feedback section shares information with the students and client regarding how the overall class went and the course overall. We recommend sharing a quick highlight from class (what was covered/learned). We also recommend sharing things like overall attendance (is everyone doing well? Great! If students are missing online class, remind them to rewatch the recorded class section in CORE CONNECT.)
- Homework and Notes are important to students only. This is where you can share links of content to practice as well as homework to cover in their books.
- Student Participation is a great place to share your thoughts on how students interacted in class. Can they do better? Provide a lower score to show them that more is expected. Was everyone engaged? Great! 10/10!